Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"Seasons Change And So Do We." Chapter 13.

Around this time I remember very well the feelings that engulfed me every morning for breakfast. Sometimes it was lunch because I too skipped breakfast just to make sure I got to work on time. There is something special about waking up to a humid Florida morning and seeing the sun glaze the white buildings outside my Patterson appartment window knowing that in just a few hours I will once again be a part of the magic. My costume would always be on just minutes after waking up, rolling out of that tiny bed from an army surplus store. I slept on the covers because I hated leaving a messy looking bed behind and didn't want to risk leaving something like that on my way out. A quick walk across my living room past a little less than tidy kitchen I stolled casually out the door with my earbuds in and had that music blaring to the bus stop. Along the walk there were palm trees, tropic looking shrubs on my left, random critters crossing my path (such as lizards that do pushups), and some really pretty pink flowered trees over head behind a tall black fence of a neighboring complex. Busses where coming and going with some gaps between them seemingly longer and longer than the last. That's the nature of Disney busses that has plagued every CP since bussing began and even now (according to sources) is still prominent.

I waited there 'standing' in my way-past-comfortable-work-shoes toying with the ipod and the gold doubloon buttons on my vest knowing by that point I was well on time. It's moments like that where I realize how far I've come in this program. This is life as a cast member that most would find incredibly interesting despite its mundane overtone. I was just looking for (Bus A) to chug on down and ship me to the parkinglot of Magic Kingdom. After 600 times it doesn't feel so galmorous, but it's always fun to say after years of childhood waiting to go now nearly dreading it.

*Yep, (walking past the smoking area behind Fantasyland) there's Cinderella smoking a cigarette in a grey tshirt and black sweat pants, just another normal day I'd think to myself.*

We love to think of cast members as anything but human. You are human and you may crack. This is no excuse to pick up and leave because we all heal. I never thought I was tough enough for this and I certainly knew I wasn't after week 3, but I somehow survived and made a vow to look at my Disney struggles as a bridge to cross. "Once you cross that bridge my friends the ghost is through his power ends." I hope you realize how amazing you will feel when this is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment