Friday, May 28, 2010

"Patterson Court" Chapter 4.


Patterson was the idillic apartment for me. On the second floor I had the view of two palm trees from my bedroom window at the foot of my bed. The very first time I woke up in my new room I was reminded of where I was thanks to the shadows of those spear like branches. The beds weren't very comfortable my first night in there in Patterson. The mattresses looked like floatation devices now filled with bed springs instead of air. Beside the bed was a quaint little nightstand for anything you needed immediately beside the bed. I would keep medicine, toiletries, and books in its drawers, a lamp and the dreaded alarm clock on top. We had one dresser divided in two halves with three drawers for me and three for the roommate. My closet had a locker for keeping valuables but I would have to supply the lock with my own combination. Mine was building one; easy enough to remember, right next door to the clubhouse and the pool. My biggest regret is never having utilized the pool more often but I was very busy with work and during the winter months swimming wasn't the first thing on my mind. Even though it would typically stay at 50 degrees, once you've been used to the Florida weather being 90 or 80 any lower difference can feel drastically cooler.

(*Disney provides a coat for work that fit with your costume theme. They also issue rain coats for the rainy fall season. And if you lose the rain coat, don't worry. It's a four dollar replacement fee. I can't say the same for the winter coat unfortunately, just keep track of it.)

(WORD OF ADVICE: As a cast member you may find yourself wearing costumes with more than one layer. For example: pirates wear a long sleeved shirt, vest and a coat during the winter season. Some prefer to own multiple name tags for their costume to eliminate the need to change one tag from coat to vest, from vest to shirt, etc. Nametags cost about 5 dollars, and I believe you can order as many as you need.)

No comments:

Post a Comment